Saturday 29 September 2012

Long range router : TL-WR1043ND and openwrt


I lost my internet wireless router 2 day ago and my spare one soon after.
I have replaced it with a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND. It costed only € 54.

I'm astonished by the long range of this router.
All my wireless devices are working everywhere in the house and outside.
They are all working a lot faster, yes faster !
I think that even my neighbors get a better signal than for their own router :-)

It look like its power is 500mw (if you choose the right country code),
most router are between 50 to 200mw only to match the laws.
It has 3 big antennas that help for reception.

I have installed last openwrt (linux) in 3seconds (I'm a bit from Cosica)

Thumb up for openwrt that work very well ! I was using old kamikaze since 2006 on
the previous router.
The luCI web interface provide all the expected stuff.
The original firmware was also very "generous", including an impressive "parental control" screen.

I have setup my SIXXS IPv6 connection using some SSH, VI and command line, but I can see some part of the setup from the web interface.

The performances looks impressive. The WR1043ND can route up to 29Mo/s between LAN and WAN
and the USB allows up to 22Mo/s for read and write.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing an informative blog keep rocking bring more details.I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn much new stuff right here! Good luck for the next
    python training in bangalore

    python training in hyderabad

    python online training

    python training

    python flask training

    python flask online training

    python training in coimbatore
    python training in chennai

    python course in chennai

    python online training in chennai


    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really searching for this kind of information, as well as I came to know many things. so please update the latest information, it may be useful for me like beginners.

    Full Stack Course in Bangalore

    Full Stack Training in Hyderabad

    Full Stack Course in Hyderabad

    Full Stack Training

    Full Stack Course

    Full Stack Online Training

    Full Stack Online Course


    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing an informative blog keep rocking bring more details.I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn much new stuff right here! Good luck for the next
    Salesforce Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Online Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Training in Bangalore

    Salesforce Training in Hyderabad

    Salesforce training in ameerpet

    Salesforce Training in Pune

    Salesforce Online Training

    Salesforce Training


    ReplyDelete